When did you last feel ‘torn’?
At odds with yourself. Divided. Undecided. Conflicted.
The Torn Project aims to understand inner conflict and so discover the best ways to resolve it.
The most effective way to do this is through people’s experiences, thoughts, feelings – their personal stories.
To help you tell your story, here are five questions about the experience of being torn.
These guidelines may help you tell your story.
- You can answer as many or as few questions as you like.
- If you can’t remember your story exactly, take your best guess.
- Your story is still valuable however long ago it happened.
- Your story is still valuable whether or not you’ve resolved your conflict.
- It’s fine to write a lot or a little. Examples are good. Thoughts and feelings are good.
- Your work won’t be used in any but the most general way.
- Everyone’s answer helps.
Reminder: You can answer as many or as few questions as you like. You can remain completely anonymous (though if you want to receive updates I will need to know your email address).